Our core mission is to improve the health, wellbeing and living conditions of older people, people who live alone or in isolation, and people with disabilities. We aim to do this by providing house repairs, adaptation, insulation and a range community services in counties Cavan and Monaghan.
Who we are
CAVAN AND MONAGHAN COMMUNITY AREA SERVICES (CAMCAS) LTD
- is a community owned not for profit company
- the main provider of social housing repairs in Counties Cavan and Monaghan
- works to improve the quality of life of older people, people living in isolation and people with disabilities
- employs 10 staff in Counties Cavan and Monaghan
- is supervised by a Board of voluntary directors
- is supported by funding from POBAL through the Department of Social Protection for payroll costs
CAMCAS Centre, managed by Ann McCarren, is based at Daisy Hill, Ballyconnell, Co. Cavan, and includes:
- Administration offices for the company
- 1.5 acre grounds with 21 allotments
- A pollytunnel supporting organic growing and horticulture
- Complementary & Counselling Therapies
- A community Kitchen which facilitates Cookery Programmes
- Services run on a weekly/monthly basis such as Community Welfare, Employability Services and Citizens Advice
CAMCAS CLG is Managed by a Voluntary Board of eight Directors, who meet on bi-monthly basis.
The day to day business elements of the Company are managed by two Managers:
Construction: Frank Smith. Frank can be contacted on - 087 9933274.
Administration & the Centre: Ann McCarren. Ann can be contacted on 049 9527384.
NEWS AND EVENTS AT CAMCAS
CALENDER EVENT DATES